Saginaw County Health Department (SCHD) and the BWell Saginaw Partner Coalition have been awarded a grant to create a Health Equity Council (HEC) in Saginaw County. The HEC invites county residents, groups, or organizations to apply for mini-grants to support activities that address COVID-19 and other disparities impacting racial and ethnic minority populations in Saginaw County.
The Saginaw County Health Equity Grant will fund 8-10 awardees (individuals, groups, or organizations). The total funding for the mini-grant program is $100,000. Selected awardees could begin implementing their proposal projects from January 1, 2023. Grant project period is January 1, 2023 through May 31, 2023. All awardees will submit a final report of their activities and impact by June 15, 2023. If additional funding becomes available during the project timeline, notification will be sent to grantees to seek interest in increased funding.
Grant Application Timeline:
- Grant RFP Announcement: November 28, 2022
- Grant Application Deadline: December 9, 2022 by 5:00pm
- Mini-grant requests will be reviewed by HEC. Award announcements will be shared no later than December 31, 2022
- Project period is January 1, 2023 – May 31, 2023.
- Applicants will provide a project final report on/before June 15, 2023.
- Grantee Kick off meeting – January 11, 2023 at 10:00am.